Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Random People"

Earlier, I watched a YouTube video of a little boy expressing feelings for the girl he likes. I'm not sure what the video is for, but the little boy is cute. The end of the video mentions colorblind children; perhaps the video is an advertisement as commented by some YouTube member. Watching this video reminded me of my aspiration to travel to Third World countries, especially to poverty-stricken regions. Whether it's to build schools or to teach in rural areas, being there for those in need and giving as much as I possibly can is just what I have always wanted to do.
I showed V the video but was stupid enough to ask for him to bring me on a mission trip. I should have figured what he would say about the requirement to be a Christian in order to go on these trips. Honestly, I am a bit discouraged and disappointed but that didn't hurt me as much as what he said following about a waste of money to support random people. Random people. I don't feel the need to explain why these two words bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment